Vegetarians are often at a loss when it comes to having meals that protein packed. Paneer is one of the most easily available forms of protein and not to mention one that is extremely versatile. The fact that it is healthy as well as tasty, gives it that edge over all the other veggies.
So here’s to a great combination of health and taste. The Spicy Paneer Wrap is a perfect companion for a quick fix after a great workout or a cozy night in when you binge while your favourite shows.
For the Wrap
4 Chapatis/Wraps made with whole wheat or Multigrain flour in advance
(The wraps should not be very thin & do not apply oil to them)
Cover them with aluminium foil & put them aside.
For the Filling
- 350-400 gms of Paneer cut into small cubes
- 2 medium onions-finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
- 1-2 medium green chillies
- 1 Tbsp of coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 4 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves
- 2 1/2 -3 Tbsp of oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium onion-finely chopped
- 1-2 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 3-4 tbsps of green chutney
- Chaat masala to taste
Method for Making the Paneer Filling
- Put oil in a frying pan & add the onions to it. Saute them on high heat until the water evaporates & they start turning slightly brown.
- Now reduce the flame & add the ginger garlic paste, green chillies, coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chilly powder, turmeric powder & cook for a few minutes until the tomatoes soften.
- Add paneer cubes, chopped coriander leaves & salt & cover the pan & cook this mixture until oil starts appearing on the edge-meaning its done.
- Toss the paneer cubes very lightly or they will crumble. Do not let the mixture dry completely.
Directions for putting the wrap together
- Put 1 wheat/ multigrain wrap on a medium heated Tawa/griddle & sprinkle/spray a little oil on it.
- Spread some green chutney on it.
- Now add some prepared paneer filling lengthwise to this wrap, preferably on the left side (Thereby leaving space to roll it up).
- Sprinkle some chopped onions, tomatoes & chaat masala on this filling.
- Fold the bottom of the wrap so that it almost covers the paneer filling.
- Now roll the wrap from left to right until it is all rolled up.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or ketchup & enjoy.
Get Started with Fitness: