These apple brownies are great to satisfy even the biggest dessert cravings especially with this super healthy recipe format. Baked with less artificial sugar, they get natural sugar from apples. Antioxidants from dark chocolate along with vitamins and minerals from the apples make them a healthier treat.
- 80 grams butter
- 50 grams dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon choc chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 apples
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons crushed walnuts
- In a double boiler, (a small bowl sitting over a bigger pot of boiling water), melt butter and dark chocolate.
- Grate the apples and keep them aside.
- In a separate bowl sift flour and baking powder together.
- In another bowl whisk sugar and eggs with an electric beater (or elbow grease) until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add grated apples to the beaten mixture and pour the melted chocolate and butter over. Mix well with a spatula.
- Start adding the flour and baking powder mix to the bowl, incorporating them into the batter with a spatula.
- Finally add vanilla extract and crushed walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 30 to 33 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down completely. Cut it into squares and try not to eat too many at once, okay?
Get Started with Fitness: